We are delighted to be hosting the Dublin stop of the Grassroots Tour for the 2nd time!
Remember last year?
We had so much fun and we’re hoping to see just as many and more riders across all categories from rookie to pro. This is the perfect competition for everyone, whether you have been wakeboarding all your life or just started last week – there is the right category for every skill level.
The entry fee is €40 and includes the practice for all riders in the morning before the comp starts in the early afternoon.
The event will be run in association with Industry Wake Parks. Industry run some epic wake events like Wakestock and the Red Bull Harbour Reach and we’re looking forward to having them over again for this year’s competition.
Update: The Wakedock stop of the Grassroots Tour is going to be a Wakestock Qualifier ! So stoked to be able to offer the Top 3 riders in Open Men and Top 1 Rider in Open Ladies a place to ride at the Rail Europeans at Wakestock.
Thanks to our local sponsors:
Here’s some more info on the format and categories:
Format of the tour:
Each Grass Roots event is held over a full day and kicks off at about 9 or 10am. Until mid afternoon it is free riding on the Sesitec cables with a few pro demos mixed in and pro coaching on hand to help improve rider’s skills. All the people who enter are encouraged to ride as much as possible all morning. Once mid afternoon comes all the riders get split into various divisions and the comp starts. In the comp each rider gets 3 passes with unlimited falls to impress the judges. The divisions are aimed at the first timer to the seasoned pro.
There are loads of prizes to hand out and there is an official prize giving after each competition finishes.
Here is a break down of the divisions:
– This division is aimed for riders who have just started out in the sport
– If you learned to ride last week then you could enter the Rookies division this week!
– Any tricks up to and including 360’s are allowed in this division
– If you can spin 540’s along an obstacle or off a kicker then we’ll see you later, you’re in Intermediates!
– If you can back lip or front board the obstacles then you too are off to the Intermediates
– Definitely no air tricks, that’s cheating at this level!
– Love wakeboarding, ride loads, but your not a pro? Then this division is for you.
– Tricks that are welcome in this division include: – Air tricks up to and including backrolls, raleys and roll to reverts
– Frontside 540’s and basic inverts like Tantrums, Scarecrows, Roll to Reverts off the kicker
– Obstacle tricks like ollie 270 onto a rail, ollie on backside lipslide, tail presses, nose presses etc
– If you’re sponsored then you’re in this division
– If you want to be sponsored then you need to be in this division!
– If you’ve won intermediate events before then you too are in Open Mens, so step up your game!
– This is for the ladies who have just started out in the sport
– Any tricks allowed up to but not including 360’s
– If you can spin 360’s along rails or on kickers then we’ll see you later, you moving up to open
– This is for the ladies who love to ride
– If you can backside lipslide or front board the rails then you need to be here
– If you can spin 360’s on the obstacles or kickers then you are no longer a rookie either
– If you can do air tricks then, hell you could be winning this one!
– 16 or under then this one is for you
– This includes boys and girls
– We normally give out a prize for the youngest rider – If we get loads of juniors we sometimes have a boys and girls division
– If we get loads of under 12’s enter then we will make you a division too
– No bindings? Get yourself in this division
– If we get enough entries on the day then we split this into rookies and open
Registration fee for all categories is €40, it is not necessary to be a member of the Irish Waterski and Wakeboard Federation to participate in this competition.
To register please get in touch with us via email to email@example.com or call us on 01-6643883.
Spaces are limited, so if you want to ride that day, let us know as soon as possible. You can also book in online.